notes on pepto bismol...

i asked a friend of mine to give me prompts for my blog. today she gave me pepto bismol. i remember once i drank rat poison from an orange juice container.
not a lot, because my mother caught me with the container before i got too many good swigs down. it was one of those moments i got to see how my parents loved me.

i was very young. it was all very calm.

when they realized i'd drunk the poison, there was a sudden air of tranquility. they kept looking at me, looking at each other, and starting talking in hushed tones.

maybe they didn't want to scare me.

hushed tones - were not their specialty. but this day, they mumbled reprimands to themselves for their own parental stupidity. how dumb it was to put rat poison in an orange juice container, even though they thought it was out of arm's reach for me ...

and they never blamed each other. one would say you couldn't have known. the other would say look at her. she's gonna' be ok. this was also an anomaly amidst my parental unit.

i don't know what this has to do with pepto bismol. maybe cause i didn't have to get my stomach pumped. i didn't even throw up. guess i had a rock hard gut even then.

anyway. it's the first thing that came to mind.

Comments